SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c.[CLIENT: <named pipe>].

Found below alerts in SQL log. And it got stop automatically stopped. How can I find from this connection was established and what may be causes. the same error was logged in Event VWR too 

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The Windows error code indicates the cause of failure.  [CLIENT: <named pipe>].

June 22nd, 2012 6:13pm

This can happen when the SPNs for the service account have not been created in Active Directory.  Have a look at this link for more information:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb735885.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2012 6:37pm

Thanks for the reply.. But alert was stopped automatlically, with out performing any anyaction. now how do we find RCA for this error.. thanks..

June 22nd, 2012 6:49pm

The alert will show up periodically, and may have different error codes associated with it.  So far, for the half dozen or so SSPI errors I've come across (not nearly as much as some folk), they've been traced back to either a missing SPN, or an incorrectly configured SPN. 

Apologies I'm not much more help.

• Edited by Don_Don Friday, June 22, 2012 4:44 PM grammar
  • Marked as answer by Iric WenModerator Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Unmarked as answer by Iric WenModerator Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Marked as answer by jakkampudi Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:11 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2012 7:31pm

Follow  the steps mentioned in http://mssqlwiki.com/2013/12/09/sql-server-connectivity-kerberos-authentication-and-sql-server-spn-service-principal-name-for-sql-server/

you should be able to crack the issue.

January 9th, 2014 3:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics